Tuesday 12 July 2011

Panic Farewell Baking: Vanilla Cake with Orange Blossom Buttercream Plus Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies

As you know, I'm leaving Korea soon, and I have been looking for a new home for my baking things. I was starting to feel hopeless in finding a new place for my stuffs, but just as I was researching for a second hand shop, heaven sent a potential buyer. After a couple of negotiations, my baking things were sold; the new owner was scheduled to pick-up my baking stuffs the following day. 
 "Tomorrow?!?!" My heart dropped. I was obviously aware of the reality that I will be saying goodbye to my things at some point, but the reality just hit me when an official new home has finally been arranged. There is nothing better for me to do, but to bake one last time. It was night time already, so the baking shop I frequent was already closed. Good thing my cupboards were stocked with ingredients that could create a couple of treats. I decided to bake two things: cookies and cakes.
I made a classic chocolate chip walnut cookie as well as a vanilla cake iced and filled with orange blossom buttercream and walnuts. Both treats were such comfort treats. I shared them with a couple of friends of course.
I am really going to miss baking in my tiny kitchen here in Korea. Baking has always been a hobby since I was a teen, but it was here in Korea where I really got into it. It was also here where ambitiousbubble was born; hence, Korea would always be a big part of my baking and blogging journey. It was certainly a nice way to end my baking session, Korean edition, with a totally scrumptious cake and cookies!

Components used for these dessert treats:
Bisou bisou,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Love to hear what you think of my post!:) Everyone's welcome to comment :) Bisou bisou ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails